- Location: Valley Isle Marine Center
- Availability: In Stock
- Manufacturer: Honda Marine
- Model: BFP60A1LRT
- New/Used: New
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Clean
- Stock #: 16214
|Engine Type||4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves|
|Bore x Stroke||2.9 x 3.1 in. (73 mm x 79.5 mm)|
|Displacement||998 cc (61.0 cu.in.)|
|Shaft Length||20 in. (531 mm)|
|Weight||256 lb. (116 kg)|
|Trim Method||-4 deg. to +16 deg.|
|Propshaft Horsepower||60 hp @ 5,500 rpm|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||5,000-6,000 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||2.33:1 / F-N-R|
|Fuel Induction||Programmed Fuel injection|
Hi Thrust Gearcase
Unmatched maneuverability and convenience.
The BF60 is all about being the best. The best maneuverability and highest speed in its class. The best fuel economy. Best in class high output charging. And of course, best time out on the water.
Available in two versions, the BF60 and the BFP60 Power Thrust offer powerful performance and exhilarating acceleration. The BFP60 offers a unique gear case and larger propeller that’s ideal for pontoons and larger hulled boats.
Both versions offer Easy Dock Steering. This exclusive Honda feature takes the anxiety out of maneuvering your boat into the marina.
Add in features like BLAST, Programmable Fuel Injection, a high performance heavy-duty gear case, Lean Burn Control, and variable speed trolling, and you’ve got a legendary motor that’s truly best in class.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Easy Dock Steering® - Exceptional manuverability: Easy Dock Steering® takes the anxiety out of maneuvering your pontoon boat around the marina. No other mid-size motor has this degree of manueverability! The BF60 Tiller and all Power Thrust BFP60 models offer a full 50 degrees of steering to port and again to starboard. Or choose the BF60 remote with a full 30 degrees. Either way, you'll find that parking your boat has just become a whole lot easier.
- BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 10% less fuel* than others in its class. *Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.
- Programmed Fuel Injection - Powerful performance: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Superior Battery Charging - More usable power: There's always plenty of electric power with the 60hp. Honda's exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel enables these engines to produce nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors. The high output helps keep battery banks charged all day, even when running multiple accessories. The standard BF60 develops a total 22 amps and 17 charging amps. The Power Thrust BFP60 develops a total 27 amps and 22 charging amps.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
- Power Thrust available - better performance: A unique gear case and larger propeller makes the Power Thrust BFP60 ideal for maneuvering large boats, like pontoons, around the marina.
- 3 Position Tiller Handle: Adjusts to your comfort for easiest hull manueverability.
- Variable Speed Trolling - ideal for slow trolling: For fisherman who want to slow troll, Honda's variable speed control is the right fit. The system adjusts in 50 RPM increments between 750 RPM and 1000 RPM. Variable speed control is standard on the tiller models and optional on remote models.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving. This helps to prevent engine damage.
- Meets NMEA 2000 standards - on-board connectivity: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be displayed on NMEA 2000 compliant dashboard electronics, like sonar and GPS.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, internally painted cooling passages, and a freshwater flushing device, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Mikuni® Intake System: The lightweight Mikuni® long tube intake track system helps build low end torque.
- Center Mount Tiller - Easier control: The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- Lightweight: Starting at only 239 lbs., the BF60 is one of the lightest motors in its class. It's perfect for pontoons and fishing boats.
- Optional Conveniences - tilt limit switch and rudder angle indicator: An optional tilt limit switch keeps the motor from rubbing against the bottom of a pontoon boat's sun deck. The dash mounted rudder angle indicator keeps the captain informed to which direction the engine is pointing.
- Easy Maintenance: Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance, while "screw-type" valve adjusters reduce maintenance costs.
- Non-Linear Mounting System - Smoother operation: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves
- Displacement: 998 cc (61.0 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 73 mm x 79.5 mm (2.9 x 3.1 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Rated Power: 60 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Fuel injection
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 60 deg.
- Steering Angle (to port and again to starboard): 50 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator (Electric Start): 27-Amp
- Battery Charging Power: 22 Amp
- Propeller: Optional
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Overall Width: 417 mm/16.4 in.
- L Type: 531 mm/20 in.
- L-Type: 116 kg/256 lb.