- Location: Valley Isle Marine Center
- Availability: In Stock
- Manufacturer: Honda Marine
- Model: BF5DHLHNA
- New/Used: New
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Clean
- Stock #: 17098
|Engine Type||4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves|
|Bore x Stroke||2.4 x 1.8 in. (60 mm x 45 mm)|
|Displacement||127 cc (7.8 cu.in.)|
|Shaft Length||20 in. (561 mm)|
|Weight||60.6 lb. (27.5 kg)|
|Trim Method||5-Stage 5 deg.-9 deg.-13 deg.-17 deg.-21 deg.|
|Propshaft Horsepower||5 hp @ 5,000 rpm|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||4,500-5,500 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||2.08:1 / F-N-R|
|Fuel Induction||1 Carburetor|
|Alternator||3-Amp; Optional: 6-Amp|
Quiet, dependable, and ready for fun.
Everything you want in a portable outboard.
Easy starting. Lightweight. Fuel efficient. Quiet, low vibration performance. It’s easy to see why the all new BF4 and 6 and the newly redesigned BF5 are best in class.
Honda thought of everything. From comfortable carrying handles to a one touch stop switch to the longest run time in its class, this is a motor that redefines what a portable should be.
Ideal for small tenders, canoes, jon boats, and inflatables, the BF4, 5, and 6 are easy to transport and ready for fun.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightweight and Compact: The BF4, 5 and 6's lightweight, compact design makes them perfect for small tenders, sailboats, jon boats, and inflatables. Weighing in at only 60 pounds, these motors are easy to transport.
- Easy to Start and Stop: You'll be impressed with how easy it is to start the BF4, 5 and 6. The decompression mechanism opens the exhaust valve during the starting process. This reduces the amount of force needed to start the motor. Starting is easy, every time. The one-push stop switch makes it just as easy to shut off the motor. Pressing the stop button once safely shuts off the motor without it re-starting.
- Large capacity internal fuel tank for best in class run time: The 1.5 L internal fuel tank provides enough fuel for over 40 minutes of wide open throttle operation. Need more run time? The BF5 and BF6 offer an external fuel tank connection.
- Quiet and Smooth - Low vibration for a comfortable ride: Honda's exclusive design optimizes the isolation mounts to minimize the transfer of vibration to both the tiller handle and the transom. The custom rubber mounts absorb vibration, resulting in a motor with among the lowest handle vibration in its class.
- 6 Amp Charging System Available: An optional 6 amp charging system helps keep accessories and electronics charged.
- Easy to carry and install: Enlarged carrying handles provides superior portability and ease of installation. The BF4, 5, and 6 are also designed to make be easy to carry, either front and back or on each side.
- Convenient Fold-Down Tiller Handle: The tiller handle’s compact design allows for easy transportation and storage.
- Quietest in it's class: The BF4, 5, and 6 lead their class in noise reduction from low to high speed.
- Large Displacement Engine for more power: Water-cooled, single cylinder design for better low- to mid-range power.
- Twist grip throttle - more comfortable to use: Allows for precise throttle control. A unique throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
- True 5 Warranty - unmatched peace of mind: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Double alerts protect your engine: A Low Oil Alert combined with an RPM reduction feature protect the engine from severe damage if the oil reaches a low pressure.
- Shallow Water Drive: An innovative shallow water drive feature lets you tilt the motor up, allowing you to easily operate in shallow areas. Shallow water drive greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
- F-N-R Gearshift: The BF4, 5, and 6 feature full forward, neutral, and reverse shifting. A safety lockout system allows the engine to be started in neutral gear only.
- Positive Lubrication - better durability: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Available in both 15 and 20 inch shaft models
- Type: 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Displacement: 127 cc (7.8 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 60 mm x 45 mm (2.4 x 1.8 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4,500-5,500 rpm
- Rated Power: 5 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Internal Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.5L (.39 gal.)
- Ignition System: Digital CDI
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, Above Propeller
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: 5-Stage 5 deg.-9 deg.-13 deg.-17 deg.-21 deg.
- Tilt Range: 70 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 3-Amp; Opt. 6-Amp
- Propeller: 3-Blade Aluminum
- Diameter x Pitch: 7-7/8 x 7-1/2 in.
- Available Optional Propellers: 3
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Low Oil Pressure RPM Reduction: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- External Fuel Tank Connector: Standard
- Decompression Mechanism: Standard
- One-Touch Stop Button: Standard
- Overall Width: 347 mm/13.66 in.
- L Type: 561 mm/20 in.
- L-Type: 27.5 kg/60.6 lb.